Friday, September 13, 2013

Fourth Week Of Pathways

9/13/13 My fourth week of the Auto Collision Repair class was pretty cool. I learned how to use the air sander gun to remove the paint off the car instead of using the actual sander that rotates in a circular motion with a layer of sand paper. I learned how to properly use the air sander, like how far away to be from the part of the car I want to sand and how to hold the air sander gun at a certain angle to blow off the paint. We learned about the safety procedures for this type of tool. We would wear a face mask and gloves. I learned how much of the fine grain should be used. I also learned that when you use the air sander gun, it shouldn't be used on high power because you can use up all of the grain at a higher rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment